Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Adventure Begins...

Two years ago, I bought an old boat from a friend of mine. He was retiring with his wife, and leaving his old boat behind for a newer, shinier model in the Caribbean. She's beautiful, this boat of mine, all wood and character and issues... lots and lots of issues, unsurprising for a boat that's almost as old as I am. She's not my first, but she is my largest: a 33' Yorktown. No head, no galley, and a whole lot of work. But I'm always up for a challenge, and the water is my first love.

I'm Samedi, an almost 40, single mom of three lovely kids, and a woman living on a lake in the middle of nowhere with dreams to go everywhere.

This is my story...


2 comments:

  1. My brother and his now wife had a brief period when they wanted to see other people (they had been together since they were 17) during that time my brother bought a small boat, cleaned it up beautifully, and named it "Kermit". 3 kids later that boat hasn't moved from my parent's backyard. Almost makes me sad to see it rotting away out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, actually... most guys refer to their boats as "the other woman" because they spend so much time and money on them, lol! But hey, maybe you and Tony should take the boys boating in it!

    ReplyDelete