Friday, September 4, 2015

Balls to It All

Fall has finally arrived, and with it cooler temperatures.


I'm sitting on the front porch tonight, the wind blowing through the only, lonely tree on the property. The leaves rustle, and to my ocean-longing soul, sound like waves breaking upon the beach, sometimes fierce and strong, sometimes slow and caressing, tickling the hair on the back of my neck, a fleeting touch of something tantalizing.





The Man and I are working through some issues, and although we are going to counseling, all I can think is that if we've only been dating a year and are already in marriage therapy we may not stand a snowball's chance in hell.


Speaking of...



I was flying through Dallas the other week and plopped myself down on an airport barstool. The bartender sidles up (it being Texas and all), and asks me "Do you want a bad joke, or a good drink?"




"Both," I say without hesitation.



He takes a step back from his side of the bar, cocks his head and looks me up and down, as if he's taking measure of what may or may not be appropriate.


"Whats the difference between a  snowman and a snow woman?" He asks with a cheeky grin.


"Hmm, I don't really know ," I say.


"A pair of snowBALLS, of course!"


So there you have it, the anatomy lesson for tonight.


A wounded heart and a pair of balls... the latter will get you through the first and damned if I don't have a pair. So here goes nothing. Time to man up and get through the mess.

2 comments:

  1. I don't need to tell you that every man you encounter gets you closer and ready for the one who will stay forever.

    Fall has hit here too. We did a 10 mile bike trek, all dirt, today and while I sweated my ass off, I could finally breathe, despite the lingering sinus/ear infection that plagued me last week. The humidity is expected to come back next week, but I'll take this while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done on the bike trek! I am not near brave enough to do dirt, although I may have to soon enough where I'm working in the Midwest (that's for another post!). And thank goodness for fall ... the temperatures here are finally in the 90s (at 10pm,but still, I'll take it!)

    ReplyDelete